Maintenance Manager / Plant Engineer
We’re looking for highly motivated and career minded Associates to join us in continuing to promote a safe, positive and fun work environment!
Sylvin Technologies, Inc. is a long-standing Lancaster County employer with exciting career opportunities in the maintenance and engineering department. Sylvin is proud to be a leader in the manufacturing of PVC Compounds by mixing, blending and extruding high quality specialty products for a loyal customer base since 1978. At Sylvin, we consider ourselves a small family oriented company but are doing “Big Things”. If you want to be part of a successful and growing organization, we would love to hear from you.
Maintenance Manager / Plant Engineer:
The Manager / Engineer manages projects both electrical and mechanical, performs hands-on electrical and mechanical maintenance, maintains equipment, systems, and facility to operate in the safest and most productive electro-mechanical condition, implements continuous improvement and supports new system installations, production strategies and plant reliability. This position will be responsible for 70% on the shop floor activities and 30% proactive planning and engineering.
Manages a small staff of internal an external Maintenance and Engineering Associates.
To succeed in this position a strong electrical background and a well balanced mechanical aptitude is a must.
- Manages outside support; electrical / electrical engineering / automation engineering support Associates.
- Platforms and systems support including but not limited to PLC, SCADA, configuration, and integration projects.
- Responsible for SCADA system designs including development of block diagrams, control system network and communications systems, schematics, panel layouts and I&C plan drawings.
- Proficiency in PLC and HMI programming utilizing Studio 5000 and Factory Talk View ME/SE. Allen-Bradley ControlLogix Hardware Platform.
- Programming support for plant PLCs, including Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, Compact Logix, SLC, and Micro Logix processors.
- Update, maintain, and add new programming as needed to support process and utility system needs.
- Configuration of communications networks including Ethernet, Device Net and ControlNet-Provide programming support for plant HMIs in a server distributed system, using Factory Talk View Studio. Configure and edit HMI stations.
- Ability to troubleshoot and program Variable Frequency Drives. Knowledge of drive configuration for both hard-wired and drives networked via Control Net, using HIMs, Drive Executive, and RSLogix 5000.
- Ability to conduct maintenance training sessions.
- Must have excellent skills being independent and resourceful.
- Actively support the manufacturing organization through troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution.
Mechanical and other:
- Manages outside mechanical and fabrication support Associates.
- Hands on engineering and maintenance tasks.
- Maintain plastic compounding operation within a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Actively seek to identify production and maintenance issues.
- Analyze condition, troubleshoot failures, repair and perform preventative/predictive maintenance on production equipment, building and utilities and all associated equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM's) on process & packaging equipment with minimal guidance.
- Respond to any immediate associate safety issues per work order system.
- Initiate, plan and coordinate work performed by other associates, contractors, and /or self. (unplanned, planned, changeovers, etc.).
- Be a lead in technical troubleshooting the process, mechanical and electrical (power and interlock) issues which prevent meeting the shift or weekly schedules.
- Aid in the management of a maintenance management system.
- Ability and willingness to change changing belts on equipment, replacing a motor or extruder cast heaters.
- Understand and utilize drawings, diagrams, and equipment manufacturer instructions.
- Troubleshoot electrical controls, motor circuits, single and three phase electrical systems.
- Expert knowledge of computer operations and computer applications such as Microsoft Office products.
- Experience OR willingness and the ability to become 'Expert Level' with Panel view and Factory Talk, Predictive Technologies, Rockwell Automation PLC’s is very important to this role.
- Experience working with batch mixing operations, extrusion machinery or in the plastics industry is a "Plus" but not required.
- Technical college degree preferred (AS, BS Electrical, Engineering, Mechanical, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years’ Industrial Electro-mechanical experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Facility maintenance preferred.\
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines.
- 5 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline-Driver's License
Employment Package Highlights:
- Highly competitive overall package.
- High starting wage for experienced professionals.
- Overtime available.
- Potential for a meaningful quarterly and annual bonuses.
- 401k match and additional annual profit sharing.
- Impressive Associate referral bonuses.
- Monthly Associate suggestion and performance awards.
- Education tuition assistance if approved.
- Company celebrations and functions.
Please visit our website to learn more about us at www.Sylvin.com. If qualify for this position please apply by forwarding your resume to careers @ sylvin.com along with completing an application on our website under “Contact Us-Careers” tab. Sylvin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.