As a key member of the management team at Granite State Plastics, The Operations Manager will be instrumental in directing, managing and driving the operational strategy by overseeing the manufacturing and assembly department activities, performance and initiatives to ensure optimal level of productivity.
- Drive strategic initiatives that improve EHS performance, reduce incidents, and ensure environmental compliance.
- Direct and Indirect management of all aspects of plant operations including safety, environmental compliance, production, maintenance, quality, and shipping and receiving.
- Coordinate plant activities through planning with Production Manager to ensure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Oversee the procurement of raw materials and equipment required for manufacturing
- Develop and implement plans for the effective use of material and labor resources to achieve manufacturing target
- Continually develop and execute key business initiatives and productivity projects that drive production, safety, product quality and cost efficiency utilizing 5S and lean manufacturing principle’s.
- Develop, coordinate, review, analyze and communicate key objectives on a daily basis with the organization and implement corrective action plans to address any issues that arise.
- Support the investigation of new opportunities for increasing revenue and profitability.
- Work to maintain a positive employee relations environment to promote teamwork and productivity.
- experience/leadership in ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 environments.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a 4-year Business or technical degree or a combination of education and experience in a manufacturing of plastic injection molding environment
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge/background working in Plastic Injection Molding.
- Medical Plastic Part experience preferred