Packaging Machinery Salesperson
- Establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on potential sales and other trade factors.
- Attend various trade manufacturing functions to secure leads and contacts.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Proactively gain product knowledge as well as an understanding of the overall sales process.
- Need to understand selling machines for filling and sealing food trays as well as selling individual thermoform machines for individual Vialpaqs.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Provide historical data by maintaining records on area and customer sales/calls.
- Sell across USA/Canada/Mexico and coordinate with other sales managers in these regions.
- Training overseas at parent company.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communicate with other employees and departments to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
High level of organization and self-discipline; computer experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets, etc.; customer service, meeting sales goals, closing skills, territory management, prospecting skills, negotiation, self-confidence, product knowledge, presentation skills, client relationships, motivation for sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales or marketing recommended
- Industry experience in machinery/packaging beneficial
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in machinery sales (either primary product or end-of-line sales)