Installs molds in injection molding machines. Sets up established molding processes for production. Monitors molding processes to ensure product quality meets internal and customer standards.
- Installs (sets up) molds and required auxiliary equipment in and on the injection molding machine using specified clamps, wrenches and other tools as required.
- Understands how to interpret waterline diagrams and installs waterlines to mold in accordance with the supplied diagram.
- Read and understand injection molding machine molding process sheet and incorporates process sheet settings into the injection molding machine's microprocessor.
- Identifies and installs specific injection mold requirements such as hot runner controllers; hot oil heaters; and other peripheral devices as required.
- Performs re-starts i.e. molding process has been previously established but the machine may have been shut down for breaks etc
- Understands how to properly shut down injection molding equipment i.e. purge barrel with purging compound closes all waterlines, turns off barrel temperatures
- Operates hoist used to lift injection mold.
- Understands how to set and adjust injection mold machine die height to accommodate specific injection mold requirements.
- Understands how to set and adjust injection mold machine ejection stroke adjustment to accommodate specific injection mold requirement.
- Understands how to check for proper nozzle orifice size and length. Change nozzle/tip if necessary.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic injection molding problems on the production floor.
- Other Duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Technical Plastics Processing Program
- 5 year(s) preferred in Working knowledge of thermoplastic injection molding equipment.
- 5 year(s) preferred in Good understanding of the theory and practice of injection molding..
- 5 year(s) preferred in Good understanding of injection molding commodity and engineering resin materials.
- 5 year(s) preferred in Mechanical aptitude.
- 5 year(s) preferred in Ability to read and understand component drawings.
- 5 year(s) required in Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment