The production scheduler is responsible for establishing, reviewing and maintaining the production schedule in alignment with the Production Plan. Establishing the production schedule will involve working closely with operations leaders, and others to coordinate manufacturing plans that achieve the company objectives relative to customer service, efficient resource/capacity utilization and inventory investment. Position Responsibilities:
- Establishes daily production manufacturing priorities for the customer demands consistent with master scheduling requirements, inventory objectives, and service level goals.
- Coordinates material requirements.
- Implements production tools for building to actual customer demands, prioritizing builds, expediting and automating transactions per Lean concepts.
- Manages rejected and rework product planning.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities. Meets daily with cross-functional team to resolve delayed customer shipments, component shortages, overtime, priorities, and identified problems.
- Works shortage reports on a daily basis and expedites when appropriate. Identifies and resolves problems working with other production schedulers.
- Executes prioritization changes due to customer requirement or shortage resolution.
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
- Maintain basic knowledge of internal processes and controls.
- Able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Broad working knowledge and experience with standard work instructions.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and must provide dedicated support of internal and external customer requirements.
- Must be a strong written and verbal communicator, able to communicate to various audiences effectively
- Team oriented, must have the ability to work cohesively with others.
- Must possess ability to work well in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
Experience and Skills Required:
- BS in Business or related field experience
- Min. Yrs. Experience:1-3 in a manufacturing/distribution environment
- Basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of plant receiving and materials movement processes
- Basic Computer Skills (MS Office, Word, Excel) and ability to use plant IT programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated root cause analysis skills required
- Work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines