As a Sales Engineer with Wescon Plastics, you will play an integral role on our sales team in a position dedicated to growing market share – over 40 years old custom plastic injection molding, offering a solid reputation and exclusivity through our ongoing dedication to quality. You will drive new sales primarily to direct end users spanning heavy industry and manufacturing segments throughout the United States.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for new account acquisitions to generate sales volume that meets organizational growth objectives. Be part of a growth company that provides autonomy and opportunity to the right person.
Description & Responsibilities:
- The Sales Engineer, primary responsibility is to prospect new customers and close new opportunities that are beyond the existing business of the Company and on behalf of the Wescon Plastics.
- Develop and implement sales strategies for existing and prospective customers.
- Make frequent and regular calls to strengthen new relationships, introduce customers to the Company, target new industries that align with the Companies value proposition and support activities in securing new business for the Wescon Plastics.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach in which we seek out and understand the needs and wants of the customer to ensure we deliver a solution that offers high value.
- Develop a robust list of target customers. Build, manage and maintain a pipeline equal or greater than 3x quota on new business closed goals.
- Make presentations to customers, make planned and organized sales calls, and provide pre-sales technical information to customers as well as internal departments.
- Develop and manage key account relationships to expand revenue opportunities within their organizations.
- Work closely with Wescon’s Plastic internal resources and associates (customer service, design, quality, manufacturing) to ensure open communications, understanding and a “win-win” approach to customers' needs and requirements.
- Responsible for acquiring working knowledge of customer products and applications in order to match customer’s needs with internal resources and suitable solutions.
- Responsible for maintaining sales activity records and provide reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing on a regular basis.
- Work as a collaborative team member with quality assurance, product development, account management, and operations to provide superior results to our customers.
You will excel in this role if you:
- You’re consultative by nature. You’re passionate about providing solutions to client challenges and prefer working in sales role that is more consultative and technical in nature (this isn’t a catalog sale). You’re astute when it comes to technical aspects of custom project orders and have an eye for details as you pull together the specifications of each order.
- You take full responsibility for your own success. You're driven and persistent, you easily remove barriers and are quick to form trusting relationships. You’re disciplined in your sales approach and consistently strive for excellence.
- You execute. You thrive in the "hunt" and relish in the “win”. You execute effective service and follow up that fuels retention and growth among customers.
- You’re a team player. You thrive in a smaller work environment where individuals across customer service, design, manufacturing and sales work together seamlessly to serve the customer.
To Qualify, You will bring:
- A BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years selling to new customers, preferably in industrial markets, and 3+ managing both new sales and service using a consultative approach working with products that are custom/technical by nature.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales and prospecting techniques and processes with a demonstrated history of success (new client acquisition, year over year growth, etc.).
- Injection Plastic molding experience or custom manufacturing to B2B desired.
- Experience engaging with leadership level staff.
- Ability and willingness for a high level of travel (60%) in a territory aligned to targeted heavy industry and manufacturing segments throughout the United States.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Location: Prefer in central or southwest regions. But for the right person, location is open.