- Responsible for providing leadership and direction to assigned department(s), product line(s) Â and teams in order to meet production goals, ensure a safe work environment, and meet customer specifications.
- Typically supervises 3 shifts with 80+ Â hourly employees including 3 team leads.
- Work closely with Thermoforming Leads, Operators and Packers, and provide directions and training to ensure scheduled runs and employees meet goals and standards.
- Ensure all thermoforming line processes run stable at standard speed, or greater.Â Help develop and implement effective corrective actions when process will not run at standard speed.Â
- Understand quality specifications, properly interpret them, and respond appropriately to ensure quality specifications are being met.
- Schedule, track, & monitor production and costs to ensure unit meets established goals while maintaining a safe work environment and quality standards.
- Maintain effective workforce through hiring, training, coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Implement and demonstrate best practices and consistent policies.
- Complete and maintain timely and accurate reports on critical production outcomes such as efficiency, downtime, cost, etc.
- Prepares and submits operating reports to management to inform them of current production status and to make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide feedback up and down the organization.
- Develop and implement safety awareness programs, communicate safety issues, correct safety related problems, and lead investigations into safety related issues.
- Participate in designing and implementing continuous improvement processes.
- BA/BS preferred, in Industrial Management, Engineering or Business/ Experience will compensate for degree.
- 5 years of manufacturing experience including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Thermoforming experience is a A+
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of P&L, department budgets, cost reduction projects, and improving cost margins.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of statistical methods and process improvement techniques. Must demonstrate proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office.
- Effective team building and demonstrated leadership skills.
Effective communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels in the organization