Packaging ManagerWednesday, March 12, 2014 4:19 AM
Here's a sweet opportunity for an experienced Packaging Manager! The location is ideal, centrally located between San Francisco and the rolling green hills of Sonoma County.
This is the chance to employ your forward-thinking approach and Leadership skills! It's a big job, with 100 people under you at our 500+ person refinery in Crockett, CA. Your experience with a large unionized workforce will be put to the test. We need you to lead the Packaging Department in a culture of accountability.
ASR Group is the largest vertically integrated cane sugar refiner in the world. Our nine refineries are found in five countries across the globe and collectively can produce more than six million tonnes of sugar. We also own and operate sugar mills in the United States, Mexico and Belize. We produce a full line of consumer, industrial, food service and specialty sweetener products. Come enjoy the sweet life!
Candidates should have 10+ years' experience leading a Packaging operation, a 4 year degree, and experience in a unionized manufacturing environment.
Exclusively managed by Gros Executive Recruiters. For consideration please submit your resume to Sarah@GrosRecruiters.com.
Packaging SupervisorWednesday, March 12, 2014 4:19 AM
The Packaging Supervisor directs production operations in a manufacturing environment and directs teams of specialized union employees ensuring Good Manufacturing Practices and safe operating procedures. This person will supervise 35 hourly employees on shift, with rotating shifts every 2 weeks - 8 hour shifts 7a-3p; 3p-11p; 11p-7a.
You will be responsible for achieving results through subordinates in a unionized environment.
Overall Duties shall include:
- Meeting or exceeding standard production rates while maintaining compliance with safety, regulatory and quality standards.
- Leading assigned teams in the continuous improvement process.
- Conducting regular shift meetings regarding safety, production, quality and other important information.
- Conducting training, monitoring and evaluating employee performance and implementing recommendations to improve employee performance.
- Analyzing production requirements to estimate worker hours and create production schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
- Computing amounts of stock and supplies required for operations, based on production schedules, and material requirement from storage area.
- Ensures quality of finished products by adhering to company policies, procedures and specifications, making any necessary corrections to the packaged product to produce a safe quality-final product.
- Coordinating flow of materials into and out of the production areas for distribution in accordance with production schedule.
- Conducting safety audits and ensuring that all safety requirements are met.
- Communicating with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspecting products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Providing guidance to workers in adjusting, repairing, and maintaining machines and equipment which fail to meet standards.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Developing, recommending, and implementing measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Ensures all required production, quality, and safety documentation is completed and delivered in accordance with department and company requirements.
- Ability to train others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Industrial electric background, computer, PLC programming, mechanical troubleshooting skills preferred.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and rotating shifts.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience supervising union employees or equivalent military experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four year Degree in Industrial/Electrical/Sciences/Technical area preferred.
Maintenance SupervisorWednesday, March 12, 2014 4:19 AM
Under the direction of the Maintenance Superintendent, the Maintenance Supervisor (Electrical and Instrumentation) is responsible for leadership of the Process Control/Instrumentation and Electrical systems for the refinery. The Supervisor is also responsible for maintaining the technical expertise of assigned employees, monitoring their skill sets and development of training plans. The Supervisor oversees the daily work of assigned employees. This is a Union Facility and no relocation assistance will be provided.
In this role, you will provide day-to-day direction, supervision and coaching to the electrical and instrumentation team to meet site objectives and goals. Your objective will be to ensure a well-functioning Preventative Maintenance program of the electrical and control systems that drives improving reliability based on the criticality of the equipment.
You will also:
- Ensure control of spending against approved budgets.
- Maintain good labor relations, morale and discipline of team and to initiate corrective actions when required.
- Work with the storeroom personnel to ensure maintenance materials inventory is accurate and available.
- Ensure personnel follow all GMP and safety policies.
- Work with accountability group(s) to accomplish Key Results.
- Activities include walking to and amidst work and/or construction sites, climbing ladders, working around heavy equipment and confined spaces, 4-6 hours per day.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays, if appropriate.
- Must have working knowledge of PLCs/SCADA operation and troubleshooting; power distribution systems (4160v to 440v); industrial electrical control systems; motors, electrical documentation to include single line and ladder logic.
- Knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance programs and standards.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Outlook required.
- 4 year degree in electrical engineering or similar degree with 1+ year supervisory experience of a maintenance team in similar refinery or manufacturing operation or 5 years electrical and instrumentation supervisory experience in an industrial setting required